Probleme with EAP/TTLS - PAP

Frederic Cerisier frederic.cerisier at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 09:39:20 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to configure freeradius 1.0.5 with EAP/TTLS - PAP.
But I had a problem at users authentification.
My  windows client is SecureW2. It's configured with PAP method.
I tried others authentications ( eap/ttls-md5 and eap/tls ), these
authentications work correctly.
Into my radius.conf file, I configured pap module with : encryption_scheme =
clear

Log radius :

  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type PAP
auth: type "PAP"
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group Auth-Type for request 0
rlm_pap: Attribute "Password" is required for authentication.
  modcall[authenticate]: module "pap" returns invalid for request 0
modcall: group Auth-Type returns invalid for request 0
auth: Failed to validate the user.

My users file is :

"toto"   Auth-Type := PAP, User-Password == "totoPAP"
            Reply-Message = "Hello, %u"

I think that my other files are right.

Could you help me ?

Yours sincerely