RADIUS stops responding after a while

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Sat Apr 8 19:24:26 CEST 2006

"Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications.net> wrote:
> I'm using MySQL 4.1.7 and it is located on remote server (not even on the
> same subnet as the radius)

  I have seen it before where a firewall drops state, and it looks
like the SQL server is down.  New connections go through fine, but old
connections are dead.

  One way to test this would be to edit rlm_sql so that it opens a new
connection to the SQL server for *every* request.  That would be
slower than what it does now, but it might work.

  I would also suggest putting a test SQL server on the same subnet as
the RADIUS server.  Havr it do nothing more than log data, and if
connections to it are OK, the problem is most likely the firewall.