Allow linking against OpenSSL? (Was Re: [GENERAL] Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module)

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Tue Apr 11 19:23:42 CEST 2006

Alan DeKok wrote:

>   How about an additional idea: I don't think it's a problem for
> copyright owners to distribute binaries, so if we set up a mini apt
> system (say apt.freeradius.org), we could put problematic debian
> packages there.

Perhaps it's fine if the copyright owners distribute the binaries
themselves, I don't know.

Aside the legal problem, I believe it's a great idea: we could provide
an apt repository with the latest version of FreeRADIUS for Debian
stable, testing and unstable. Indeed I think more people are
installing Debian stable (Sarge) on a production server, but they
get an old version of FreeRADIUS. (unless they compile it manually)
Such a repository would help the Debian users to easily upgrade
FreeRADIUS on their servers with the apt-get utility.

--
Nicolas Baradakis