Allow linking against OpenSSL? (Was Re: [GENERAL] Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module)

Tyler MacDonald tyler at yi.org
Tue Apr 11 19:51:19 CEST 2006

Alan DeKok <aland at nitros9.org> wrote:
> Nicolas Baradakis <nbk at sitadelle.com> wrote:
> > Perhaps it's fine if the copyright owners distribute the binaries
> > themselves, I don't know.
>
>   Copyright owners can do whatever they want with their copyrighted
> material, including changing the copyright, or distributing the
> material in ways that are denied to others.
>
> > Aside the legal problem, I believe it's a great idea: we could provide
> > an apt repository with the latest version of FreeRADIUS for Debian
> > stable, testing and unstable.
>
>   Ok.  Let's get it set up.
>
>   If we go down that route, though, I'd like to make RPM's available,
> Solaris PKG's, etc.  That involves some additional resources which
> might not be readily available.

	I've had my eye on this package, it may help:

	http://www.autobuild.org/

	I think even if we do this, I'd like to see the FreeRadius license
change to allow linking against OpenSSL, the OpenSSL license to change to
allow linking against GPL, and the GPL license to change to allow linking
against whatever.

		- Tyler