Accessing REQUEST structure data outside FreeRADIUS module

Nicolas Castel nicolas.castel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 09:35:27 CEST 2006

2006/4/12, Alan DeKok <aland at nitros9.org>:
> "Nicolas Castel" <nicolas.castel at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm using FreeRADIUS v1.1.0. I'm developping  some modules and I try to
> > access auth_req structure (REQUEST) data from an  external function (out of
> > my module) and it fails. All works fine when  accessing this data from the
> > module itself but when i call an external  function with the address of
> > REQUEST, it doesn't work.
>
>   It's possible.  Lots and lots of modules do it.
>
>   The problem is most likely that you're passing different
> compile-time flags to the different C files.  As a result, the "magic"
> entry at the top of the REQUEST structure is used in one C file, but
> not in another.  There is no such magic in the RADIUS_PACKET
> structure, so that always works.
>
>   The solution is to build your module either as you're building the
> server, or pass -DNDEBUG as an option to the compiler.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> -
Hello,

Thanks a lot for this solution. As a matter of fact, the module
compilation already have the DBDEBUG flag but i didn't compile my
library with this flag. I passed this famous flag to my lib
compilation and all works fine ! No more problem to access every
fields of structure REQUEST. Once again thanks !