Fecora Core 5 & FR 1.1.1 & MySQL 5 -> segmention fault

Olaf Schaefer olaf_freeradius at ojsch.de
Tue Apr 18 16:51:22 CEST 2006

Hallo,

First, I hope you all had Hapy Easter. :)

Today I tried to setup the first of my 2 production radius servers. On
my testing machines Fedora Core 4 was running (MySQL 4.1.16-log,FR
1.1.1, 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4).

Now I've got FC5 with MySQL 5.0.18, FR 1.1.1, and 2.6.16-1.2080_FC5)
I did the same I did with the testing machines before, installing
Fedora, setting up MySQL-DB , building FR1.1.1. Then I copied my
configuration files, did the necessary changes in the configuration
files and finally tried to start radiusd. All I got was
"Speicherzugriffsfehler" (segmentation fault) :(

sql: safe-characters = "@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ01
23456789.-_: /"
Speicherzugriffsfehler

^
This are the last lines if I try to start radiusd (radiusd -X). I've
never seen this before. I doesn't matter if I use my or the original
(after build) configuration. As soon as I want to use SQL it crashes.

Thus I figured out that it must be something concerning MySQL because
it's besides the kernel the biggest change compared to my testing
machines. If I switch off all sql modules I can start radiusd without
any problems.
The strange thing is that I haven't any problems accessing my
mysql-database with Dialup Admin.

Before I (have to) fall back to MySQL 4.1 or even FC4...
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Olaf
--