Help on specify MAC auth in 'users' file

Gordon Yuen gdccyuen at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 17:43:31 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I'm new to RADIUS but forced to enable wireless access in a hurry.

So far I had made EAP-PEAP work with the following line in 'users' file:

john Auth-Type := EAP, User-Password == "hello"

Now I want to add a condition based on MAC address, but I find:

john Calling-Station-Id == "00AABB00AABB", Auth-Type := EAP, User-Password == "hello"

not working.

I ran the radiusd in debug mode, and it told the Access-Request packet contain the 'Calling-Station-Id' attribute and the correct value, but at the end it said it cannot validate the user.

Any idea!?

Thanks,
Gordon