Multiple Locations and configuring 2 different methods of Access

James list-freeradius at qujo.com
Wed Apr 19 18:33:42 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am running freeradius 1.0.5 on FC4 i386

My end-users right now are getting authenticated by the login-based
mysql radcheck table from freeradius and they are coming from multiple
locations through a web-based portal redirected by their gateway.

My question is, if there is a way to setup freeradius for example: to
allow for 3 locations to login through the login based authentication
(the way it is setup right now) and at the same time grant 2 other
locations access without the need of using login based authentication, I
now there is an option to allow access without authentication, but to my
understanding this is global for all locations, I am looking for a way
to allow access without athentication for a specific location and at the
same time not interfere with the locations that are using login-based
authentication.

Is this possible? If so, where can I get more documentation on this
topic and where can I see an actual configuration example of this type
of setup?

If this is not possible "out of the box", where can I get documentation
on a work around or similar solutions?

Thank you in advance for all your help,

James