Multiple Locations and configuring 2 different methods of Access

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Wed Apr 19 19:09:37 CEST 2006

James <list-freeradius at qujo.com> wrote:

> My end-users right now are getting authenticated by the login-based
> mysql radcheck table from freeradius and they are coming from multiple
> locations through a web-based portal redirected by their gateway.

  They're being authenticated by the web portal?

> My question is, if there is a way to setup freeradius for example: to
> allow for 3 locations to login through the login based authentication
> (the way it is setup right now) and at the same time grant 2 other
> locations access without the need of using login based authentication,

  So you're asking that some people get forced to use the web portal,
and others bypass it?

  This isn't a RADIUS problem.  You're asking that some people (you
don't say how you determine that) bypass authentication... which means
bypassing RADIUS.

  I don't see how RADIUS can tell people who don't use RADIUS that
they don't need to use RADIUS.

  Alan Dekok.