Multiple Locations and configuring 2 different methods of Access

James list-freeradius at qujo.com
Wed Apr 19 20:37:03 CEST 2006

>   Does the gateway send RADIUS packets when people connect to it?
>
>   If not, you can't use RADIUS to configure the behavior of the
> gateway.

Im not quite sure what you mean, I know that:

1. The gateway has accounting "on" and every 3 minutes it updates the
RADIUS with packets containing the sessions of connected users and any
related data. (this might be a yes to your answer, but I am not quite sure)

2. The gateway checks with the RADIUS server if a user is allowed to use
the internet and also how much time he is allowed to use.

3. I can see in the log file when people connect through the RADIUS and
I can see updates in the detailed accounting log for an specific location.