Making WinXP + WPA + Freeradius +LDAP work easily?

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Tue Apr 25 20:36:18 CEST 2006

"Mark D. Montgomery II" <techiem2 at techiem2.net> wrote:
> Basically, we want ANYONE to be able to hit connect on the access point
> and get a WPA connection (with minimal tweaking to windows settings to
> make it work and without them having to enter their username and pass).

  They still need a username & password for PEAP to work.

> Is there a way to have freeradius take any incoming wireless auth
> request and change the username and password to the wireless user on
> the ldap server?

  I don't see why you would do that.  Why not just allow anyone?

  But you can't do that, because PEAP requires the server to know the
users password.

> Is there an way to have it strip the computername\\username that
> windows sends down to just the username?

  Yes.  See the "realms" module, and "ndomain".

  Or, write a regex in the "hints" file that re-writes the name.