PB with Accent in nspmPassword in request LDAP between FREE-RADIUS 1.0.5 (suse) and edirectory novell 6.5

freeradius at rockwellcollins.com freeradius at rockwellcollins.com
Fri Apr 28 16:00:25 CEST 2006

Hello,

I set up a solution implementing eap-PEAP user authentication and  VLAN
assignment with · :
- FREE-RADIUS 1.0.5 on suse
- ENTERASYS Switch
-  Edirectory Novell 6.5

This solution is operational.

On the other hand, if the user uses a password using characters with
accents, this solution does not work.

 I identified the problem in the LDAP request  (ask nspmPassword) between
FREE-RADIUS 1.0.5 and the edirectory of novell 6.5.

The problem seems to come from FreeRadius server because edirectory
answers correctly with  my test tool " LDAPBrowser ".

 Do you have met this problem?

Have you a solution to propose to me?

thank you in advance.

Best regards