Freeradius & Oracle

Dennis Skinner dskinner at bluefrog.com
Tue Aug 1 23:48:54 CEST 2006

Brian Atkins wrote:
> From What I could find, it seems that it required moving/copying
> sql.conf to oraclesql.conf (correct me if I am wrong).
>
> Also, as I am weeding my way through this, has anyone used Freeradius to
> query existing DBsTables/columns rather than creating a new/unique one?

No.  Read what Alan wrote.  There is a real file called oraclesql.conf.
 It is very similar to sql.conf, but there are differences.

If you don't have that file, then you don't have the entire install for
some reason.  If that reason is because you used an rpm, then you may
need to install freeradius-oracle.x.x.rpm (you are probably missing the
freeradius oracle libs too!).  Otherwise, download the tarball again and
find that file.

> Alan DeKok wrote:
>> Brian Atkins <batkins at tlcdelivers.com> wrote:
>>> I have been installed Freeradius and the SQL module, but in sql.conf
>>> it states to use oraclesql.conf. I have attempted to locate the
>>> appropriate package, module, or config file.
>>
>>   That file is included in the server source distribution.  See the
>> main web page, and download the latest release.
>>
>>   Alan DeKok.
>> --
>>   http://deployingradius.com       - The web site of the book
>>   http://deployingradius.com/blog/ - The blog