Freeradius & Oracle

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Wed Aug 2 13:43:36 CEST 2006

Hi Brian

If you wish to use Oracle you will need to recompile FreeRADIUS on a machine
that has Oracle development libraries installed. We have a number of
FreeRADIUS + Oracle deployments and it works well.

Most rpm installations now (Including the SUSE packages which I maintain) do
not included oraclesql.conf due to the fact that they also don't contain the
Oracle drive (due to copyright reasons)

On SUSE Linux if you have the Oracle devel files in a sane location it should
be a simple matter of taking the latest FreeRADIUS release tarball and
dropping it in /usr/src/packages/SOURCES along with the other files from the
suse/ directory inside the tarball with the exception of freeradius.spec
which goes in /usr/src/packages/SPECS.

Then edit /usr/src/packages/SPECS/freeradius.spec and change "%define
_oracle_support 0" to "%define _oracle_support 1"

The run:
rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/packages/SPECS/freeradius.spec

Regards

Peter