Freeradius + OpenLDAP - user password problem

Tilen lutemberg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 09:29:44 CEST 2006

Ok, let me try to get that straight - i can't use ldap in authorization
section of radiusd.conf (or in users file) and connect to radius with WinXP
client. But i can use something else instead and still connect to radius
with ldap accounts, right?

John wrote:

>>However, in my LDAP directory, it looks a little different:
>>dn: uid=user1,ou=Users,ou=radius>>dc=example,dc=com
>>objectClass: top
>>objectClass: inetOrgPerson
>>objectClass: radiusprofile
>>radiusAuthType: Local
>>radiusServiceType: Framed-User
>>uid: user1
>>cn: user1
>>sn: user1
>>radiusFramedIPAddress: y.y.y.y
>>radiusAcctInterimInterval: 60
>>radiusTunnelServerEndpoint: x.x.x.x
>>dialupAccess: true

>>As you can see, AuthType is set to Local in LDAP. I don't know if this
>>is the recommended way to do this, but it work for me :-)

Is that .ldif file for your ldap users? If it is, it has way more lines than
mine and doesn't have password.