Freeradius + OpenLDAP - user password problem

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Aug 3 12:55:52 CEST 2006

Tilen wrote:
> Ok, let me try to get that straight - i can't use ldap in authorization
> section of radiusd.conf (or in users file) and connect to radius with
> WinXP client. But i can use something else instead and still connect to
> radius with ldap accounts, right?

Wrong. You're very confused about how this work.

Your original mail states you want to do EAP-PEAP+MS-CHAP for wireless auth.

Unless your LDAP directory contains the plaintext password or the NT
hash, what you want to do is impossible. If it does contain the
plaintext or NT hashes, correct configuration will make it work. Does it?

Also, you've failed to register this several times, but I'll repeat it.
DO NOT SET Auth-Type. At all. To anything. In common use, there's no
need to set it, and in fact it can actively break things.