Freeradius + OpenLDAP - user password problem

Stuckzor lutemberg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 13:40:26 CEST 2006

Phil Mayers wrote:

> Wrong. You're very confused about how this work.
>
> Your original mail states you want to do EAP-PEAP+MS-CHAP for wireless
> auth.
>
> Unless your LDAP directory contains the plaintext password or the NT
> hash, what you want to do is impossible. If it does contain the
> plaintext or NT hashes, correct configuration will make it work. Does it?
>
> Also, you've failed to register this several times, but I'll repeat it.
> DO NOT SET Auth-Type. At all. To anything. In common use, there's no
> need to set it, and in fact it can actively break things.

Thank you, your reply was very usefull, and yes, i am  confused about how
this things work and i am not ashamed to admit it, but it's getting clearer
pretty rapidly :) Now i have one last question (or at least i hope so) -
which choice is more viable, using EAP-PEAP+MS-CHAP for wireless auth. (but
with clear text passwords this time), like i originaly planned to, or can
you recommend using something else? I really don't care, as long as it works
with most wireless hardware :)