Freeradius iodbc mssql

Andrea Berardi syneus at email.it
Fri Aug 4 15:48:51 CEST 2006

Hi all,
I'm trying to use freeradius (on a Debian Sarge system) for accounting,
and I have to write data to a mssql DB.
As you can see from the output reported below, generate by execution of
freeradius in debug mode (`freeradius -X`), I have problems with iodbc:
It can't connect correctly to my SQL server.

[...]
Module: Loaded SQL
sql: driver = "rlm_sql_iodbc"
sql: server = "XXXdsn"
[...]
rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_iodbc (module rlm_sql_iodbc) loaded and linked
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to usrXXX at XXXdsn:/XXXDB
rlm_sql (sql): starting 0
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_iodbc #0
sql_create_socket: SQLConnectfailed:  [iODBC][Driver Manager]Data source
name not found and no default driver specified. Driver could not be loaded
rlm_sql (sql): Failed to connect DB handle #0
rlm_sql (sql): starting 1
rlm_sql (sql): starting 2
rlm_sql (sql): starting 3
rlm_sql (sql): starting 4
rlm_sql (sql): Failed to connect to any SQL server.
Module: Instantiated sql (sql)
[...]

I think that the problem could be in /etc/odbc.ini and
/etc/odbcinst.ini, with the DSN definition.

I also tryed the unixodbc package and I can connect correctly to my SQL
server with the isql cmd-line tool, but I can't use unixodbc with
freeradius because It can't load the rlm_sql_unixodbc driver(it's not
included in the debian package)

Any suggestions?
Sorry for the long post and thank you all.
--
                                          | .' ' `.
Andrea Berardi aka Syneus                 | : :'  :   Debian User
                                          | `. `'`
                                          |   `-
Linux Registered User #395193             | Debian GNU/Linux
http://counter.li.org/                    | http://www.debian.org