How I improve perfomace.

Dennis Skinner dskinner at bluefrog.com
Thu Aug 10 16:24:22 CEST 2006

thiago at kionux.com.br wrote:
> Em 09.08.2006 às 20:31:27, <thiago at kionux.com.br> escreveu:
>
> How I can improve perfomace with Freeeradius and Mysql?

Change the table engine from MyISAM to InnoDB (esp on radacct).  That
will avoid table locking when inserting rows into the accounting table.
 Also keeping that table small by archiving old data will help.  I try
to keep ours to around 6 months of data.  I noticed a huge difference
once we got more than 8 months of data in the table.  Your system will
vary depending on number of rows and machine specs.

Also make sure you have proper indexes on the tables.  See the MySQL
docs for EXPLAIN and performace.

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator