installation dirs on debian

Francois-Xavier GAILLARD fx.gaillard at thefox.com.fr
Fri Aug 11 23:17:23 CEST 2006

Le Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 08:56:34PM +0200, YvesDM ecrivait:
> On 8/11/06, Stephen Gran <steve at lobefin.net> wrote:
>

>     Take a look at the file debian/rules in the tarball.  It is the Makefile
>     for building debian packages from the tarball.  Several options are
>     passed to ./configure to make it install various directories in their
>     various places.  That should give you a start.
>

> Tnx Stephen, though I never needed to built  .deb's myself,
> so I will have to do some research on how to do this.
> Hints are always welcome of course.

As it is said here:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/index.php/FreeRADIUS_Wiki:FAQ#How_do_I_build_a_Debian_package_from_sources.3F

you should:

- cd /usr/local/src
- wget ftp://ftp.freeradius.org/pub/radius/freeradius-1.1.2.tar.gz
- tar xzf freeradius-1.1.2.tar.gz
- cd freeradius-1.1.2
- fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc
- it will fail, complaining about missing dependencies
- apt-get install debhelper dpatch autotools-dev libltdl3-dev libpam0g-dev libmysqlclient12-dev libgdbm-dev libldap2-dev libsasl2-dev libiodbc2-dev libkrb5-dev libperl-dev snmp libsnmp5-dev postgresql-dev libssl-dev (you don't need them all, you might want to remove some of them, but you'll have to edit debian/rules to remove the unwanted modules)
- fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc
- cd ..

Building all the modules will give:

freeradius-dialupadmin_1.1.2-0_all.deb
freeradius-krb5_1.1.2-0_i386.deb
freeradius_1.1.2-0_i386.deb
freeradius-postgresql_1.1.2-0_i386.deb
freeradius-mysql_1.1.2-0_i386.deb
freeradius-ldap_1.1.2-0_i386.deb
freeradius-iodbc_1.1.2-0_i386.deb

make your choice and dpkg -i the wanted debs.

You'll get all the conf files into /etc/freeradius/

Regards,
Fox.