How to send radius packet to two separated Radius server?

biuro at globeinphotos.com biuro at globeinphotos.com
Fri Aug 18 12:38:19 CEST 2006

Hi,
I have special requirements that I do not know how to implement in
Freeradius. We have two radius servers one is connected to Postgress
and should handle all kind of radius packet and second connected to
MySQL and should handle only accounting request. This configuration
can look bizarre but 'accouning server' insert/delete/modify many rows
in database and we had to use MySQL to avoid Postgress vacuum problem
(our system is VoIP real time system and we cannot wait to make vacuum
on production  database).
My question is it possible to somehow duplicate packet and send it to
two separated  Freeradius (I've found that in GNU radius probably can
be achieved by Forward module)? I cannot use radius proxy because it
can only split  packet between several server but does not send the
same message to different host.

Can you have any proposition how to solve it?

Michal Szymanski
http://blog.szymanskich.net