rlm_perl and accounting

Justin Church jcc at unc.edu
Tue Aug 22 22:51:57 CEST 2006

I see the patch you're referring to, but after rethinking my question, I
think what I'm really trying to do is rewrite $RAD_REQUEST, not
$RAD_REPLY, and it does not appear that I can alter $RAD_REQUEST in any
way - either change or add.  If I understand correctly, $RAD_REPLY is
the hash of attributes that the server will send back to the NAS, and
$RAD_REQUEST is the hash of attributes that is actually written when the
detail module is called.  My goal is to inspect the received attributes
using rlm_perl in the preacct{} phase before they are written to log in
the accounting{} phase and possibly remove/rewrite/add attributes before
they are logged.  Is this possible with rlm_perl?

Also, I've observed that the freeradius will not start when my
example.pl script contains use Data::Dumper;  It looks as if others have
had this problem when their perl was not compiled with ITHREADS support,
but my perl does have ITHREADS support, and neither perl -c
-MData::Dumper nor perl example.pl returns an error.

jcc at black-pearl:~/scripts$ perl -v
This is perl, v5.8.7 built for i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi

jcc at black-pearl:~/scripts$ perl -V | grep ITHREADS
   Compile-time options: MULTIPLICITY USE_ITHREADS USE_LARGE_FILES

Thanks.

-jc