Cannot compile and run on Mac OS X 10.4.7

Stephen Gran steve at lobefin.net
Fri Aug 25 00:57:13 CEST 2006

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 01:49:21PM -0400, Alan DeKok said:
> "Michael Check" <michaelr.check at gmail.com> wrote:
> > In terms of accessing binaries or libs, would it have anything to do
> > with permissions?  Is that possible?
>
>   No.  And it's annoying as hell, because the modules *can* use the
> radlog() function, which is in the server core.  But they can't seem
> to use the "debug_flag" variable, which is also in the server core...
>
>   Maybe the only way to fix this is to turn the "debug_flag" variable
> into a function.  That's crazy, but if it works...

That seems like a potential workaround, but it seems to me like the
right fix is to make libltdl aware of OS X brain dead behavior, and
allow callbacks into the server core from dlopen'ed modules.  I don't
immediately know how big a project that is, but it seems intuitively
better than working around a linker problem with crazy code hacks.

Not that I see a better way at the moment, so mark this up as unhelpful.
|  Stephen Gran                  | The 'A' is for content, the 'minus' is  |
|  steve at lobefin.net             | for not typing it.  Don't ever do this  |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | to my eyes again.   -- Professor Ronald |
|                                | Brady, Philosophy, Ramapo State College |