Simultaneous-Use question

Roberto Greiner mrgreiner at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 16:20:51 CEST 2006

I'm intend to use Simultaneous-Use attribute to check logins for 3
different NAS. What I want to do is to allow 1 connection for each user
in each box, at the same time. So, user1 should be able to connect to
NAS1 and NAS2 at the same time, but not to NAS1 twice.  For the user
list I'm using the MYSQL with the default schema.

If I understand it correctly (based on the /doc/Acct-Type file), to make
this work I would have to create 3 Acct-Type entries in the Accounting
section of radius.conf, and create 3 different sql.conf files, one for
each Acct-Type, right?

Also, does it work properly if I make all 3 sql.conf files point to the
same database, using only different tables for accounting? Or did I get
something wrong?

Thank you for your help,

Marcos Roberto Greiner

|                     Marcos Roberto Greiner                        |
|         Os otimistas acham que estamos no melhor dos mundos       |
|         Os pessimistas tem medo de que isto seja verdade          |
|                                                     Murphy        |