New to FreeRADIUS and looking for answers...

Scott Holland hollstar2047 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 27 10:57:27 CEST 2006

I'm not going to get into what the project lacks as this is old news. At
least Alan is working on documentation to support people like us. :) Having
said that, I find it amazing as to the lack of overal support for the
project on the Internet. Working examples seem to be hard to come by?

All of the work I do is Microsoft Server based (no suprise)! I am new to
Linux in almost every sense of the word yet I'm well aware of how powerfull
it can be... The downfall of Linux on the whole, and I'm not talking about
any one project and or distro, is the total lack of real support. When I say
real support, I mean good, solid documentation to help new users from the
ground up.

If you think back to the days of DOS. You could find countless books on the
subject. In Australia, you will find this very hard... The solution appears
to be, the Internet which I can only assume is because of the "public"
nature of Linux...

Finding that sweet source of help on Linux however, on the magic Internet is
harder than you would think - This is proven in FreeRADIUS a project which
has been around for some time...

We all know its fantastic, and we all know Linux is sensational even if we
newbies can't use it... What upsets me is those users who clearly have their
head around it who don't help guys like us! I'm not having a go at anyone on
this project, I'm talking in general so please understand... :)

I am very keen to move away from Microsoft based solutions and this was
going to be my first project... The perfect box to handle the AAA
requirements of my wireless network, and to act as proxy to filter the
web............ How bloody hard this is...

Regards,

Scott