Local groups in FreeRadius ?

Ami Schieber ami.schieber at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 15:07:47 CEST 2006

Phil,

Thanks for your help.
Can you also explain what format should the users file use ?

Currently, I've tried :

Ami          User-Password == "ami123"
                Service-Type = Framed-User,
                Framed-Protocol = PPP,
                Fall-Through = Yes

FIGrp        Auth-Type := Local, MyGroup-Name := FIGrp
                Reply-Message = "Hello from Group FIGrp, %u"

DEFAULT Pool-Name := main_pool, Auth-Type := Local
                Fall-Through = Yes

and my dictionary file has :

ATTRIBUTE       MyGroup-Name            3003    string

while my /etc/FIGroup file has the following :

FIGrp:Ami

and my radiusd.conf has :

 passwd MyGroup {
                filename = /usr/local/etc/raddb/FIGroup
                format = "~MyGroup-Name:*User-Name"
                hashsize = 50
                ignoreislike = yes
                allowmultiplekeys = yes
                delimiter = ":"
        }

I'm still unable to see a match to the Group entry when I run radiusd -X but
only to the user and to DEFAULT entries :

users: Matched entry Ami at line 1
users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 20

Thanks again,

Ami