Local groups in FreeRadius ?

Ami Schieber ami.schieber at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 17:24:54 CEST 2006

On 8/28/06, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> "Ami Schieber" <ami.schieber at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm still unable to see a match to the Group entry when I run radiusd -X
> but
> > only to the user and to DEFAULT entries :
> >
> > users: Matched entry Ami at line 1
> > users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 20
>
>   You're not trying to match the group name.  See "man users"

"man users" doesn't show me anything I find related to users file of
FreeRadius :
NAME
       users - print the user names of users currently logged in to the
current host

SYNOPSIS
       users [OPTION]... [ FILE ]

DESCRIPTION
       Output  who  is  currently  logged  in  according  to  FILE.   If
FILE  is  not specified, use
       /var/run/utmp.  /var/log/wtmp as FILE is common.

       --help display this help and exit

       --version
              output version information and exit

AUTHOR
       Written by Joseph Arceneaux and David MacKenzie.

REPORTING BUGS
       Report bugs to <bug-coreutils at gnu.org>.

COPYRIGHT
       Copyright (c) 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
       This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There
is NO warranty;  not  even
       for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

SEE ALSO
       The full documentation for users is maintained as a Texinfo manual.
If the info and users pro-
       grams are properly installed at your site, the command

              info coreutils users

       should give you access to the complete manual.

> FIGrp        Auth-Type := Local, MyGroup-Name := FIGrp
> >                 Reply-Message = "Hello from Group FIGrp, %u"
>
>   ':=' is not a comparison operator.  Read the "man" page.

I've changed the ':=' operator to '=='  , so my file looks like :

FIGrp        Auth-Type := Local, MyGroup-Name == FIGrp
                Reply-Message = "Hello from Group, %u"

Is my comparison correct ? Am I right to try and match the attribute name
(MyGroup-Name) with the actual group name (FIGrp) ? Should it be in the
users file ?

Thanks,

Ami

  Alan DeKok.