Freeradius and SNMP

Kevin Bonner keb at pa.net
Tue Aug 29 22:35:34 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 07:25, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> I recompiled the latest version (1.1.3) explicitly telling configure
> --with-snmp and everything seems to be ok. Debug output from radius:

Looks like everything should work fine based on the output.

> Now:
>
> snmpwalk (...) mib-2.67 gives good results, but
> snmpwalk (...) enterprises.3317 gives nothing.
>
> Reading the MIBs in mibs/ there are only the descriptions of mib-2.67,
> nothing about 3317. Is this OK or am I missing something?

mib-2.67 is what you care about.  You can load the mib files from the mibs/
directory to see useful names, or read the chart files to see what each OID
value represents.

The private enterprise number 3317 is assigned by IANA [1] to "Port Community
Rotterdam", which released the GNOME-SMI MIB module.  The GNOME-SMI MIB is
used in mibs/GNOME-PRODUCT-RADIUSD-MIB, and using that file you can obtain a
full object name for the enterprises.3317.1.3.1 OID.  It's only use right now
is for the SMUX connection, but may also be needed if/when AgentX support is
added.

Kevin Bonner

[1] http://www.iana.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers