WebDAV HTTP Auth to RADIUS, possible?

Samuel Degrande Samuel.Degrande at lifl.fr
Wed Aug 30 09:30:56 CEST 2006

Michael Check wrote:
> Is it possible to set up an Apache 1.3 server with WebDAV to
> authenticate to a freeRADIUS?
>
> Ideally, I would like to tell the Apache directives to look at
> freeRADIUS for authentication using the httpd.conf file.
>
> Has anyone ever done this or able to point me in a direction?  Is it
> even possible?
>
> We're using freeRadius 1.1.0 on OSX.4, successfully authenticatiing
> off an Active Directory master.

I don't know a lot about WebDAV, but I think that it uses classical
Apache authentication mecanism, right ?

Then, you could use mod_auth_radius
(http://www.freeradius.org/mod_auth_radius),
or use a PAM authentication + a PAM radius module
(http://www.freeradius.org/pam_radius_auth)

--
Samuel Degrande           LIFL - UMR8022 CNRS - INRIA Futurs - Bat M3
Phone: (33)3.28.77.85.30  USTL - Universite de Lille 1