Cannot compile and run on Mac OS X 10.4.7

Markus Krause krause at biochem.mpg.de
Wed Aug 30 12:58:46 CEST 2006

Zitat von Nicolas Baradakis <nbk at sitadelle.com>:
> Michael Check wrote:
>
> > On 8/22/06, Michael Check <michaelr.check at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > We tried googling around and we're happy to hear that freeradius will
> > > be a part of 10.5, but we'd like to get it running now...  There
> > > really is no other docs we've found  on getting it compiled (after
> > > difficulty like the above) and installed.  Certainly nothing recent
> > > anyway.  Is it true that it _should_ just work? :)
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance for any assistance,
> >
> > This is issue is not really solved, I didn't get it to compile, but I
> > thought those of you that are looking for a solution to run freeRADIUS
> > on OSX should look to the package installer that I found.  It is quite
> > recent (version 1.1.0pre0) and runs great.
>
> I don't own an Apple machine, so I'm not able to test it myself.
> However from what I read on the mailing lists, it should be possible
> to build version 1.1.3 of FreeRADIUS on Mac OS 10.4.7 with the
> following commands:
>
> $ configure --enable-developer
> $ make
> $ su -
> # make install

it was actually me who reported sucessful compiling ...
i just rechecked it:
  # downloaded freeradius-1.1.3.tar.gz
  # ./configure --enable-developer
  # make
  # sudo make install

and freeradius runs and responds to radtest.
another way would be "./configure", then remove the option "-s" in the line
"INSTALLSTRIP = -s", then "make", "sudo make install", dont now about
additional differences to "--enable-developer" (except from warning flags).

but i should point out that i do not use any sql-module (do not have the
libraries installed which were required) or unixodbc, and have no libgdbm, so
there is no rlm_counter, rlm_ippool. maybe there is your problem?
i am using a recent mac os 10.4.7 on an "ancient" g4 powerbook.

regards
   markus