Duplicate requests in a session

James Wakefield jamesw at deakin.edu.au
Wed Aug 30 14:07:09 CEST 2006

Santiago Balaguer García wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> 1)
>  In my activity I realize that when the conexion to Internet of a NAS is
> NOT good (there are some reday in the DSL), the NAS send several Start
> requests. My problen is my RADIUS server ask for all these requests and
> they are inserted in my DB. So, when the user or the NAS finalize the
> session and NAS sends Stop Request, the credit associates to the user
> account is decremented several times. It happens so because I put a
> trgger in my DB to decrement the user credit atomatically.
>
>  Can I avoid the problem of inserting several times the start request?
>  If it is so, how??
>
> 2) Is it supposed that the value of acctsessionid and acctuniqueid in
> radacct table  are UNIQUE and they can not be duplicated ?
>
> Thanks,
>                        Santiago

Hi Santiago,

Does your DBMS enforce primary key constraints?  Do you have a primary
key defined for your radacct table? If I recall correctly, MySQL by
default doesn't, are you using MySQL?

Cheers,
--
James Wakefield,
Unix Administrator, Information Technology Services Division

Phone: 03 5227 8690 International: +61 3 5227 8690
Fax:   03 5227 8866 International: +61 3 5227 8866
E-mail:   james.wakefield at deakin.edu.au
Website:  http://www.deakin.edu.au