certificate issue

K. Hoercher wbhoer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 09:59:25 CEST 2006

On 8/31/06, Kartthik <kartthikr at lycos.com> wrote:
> I ran the CA.all script, before it issues the 2nd certificate i get this
> error message. Surely i know someone should have faced this issue, could
[...]
> Using configuration from /usr/local/openssl/ssl/openssl.cnf
[...]
> failed to update database
> TXT_DB error number 2

I suspect the index.txt for the generated CA being not writeable/not
present. On rechecking the CA.all script I find it a bit fragile with
respect to local environments. As ist would be nice (judging from
numerous reports about problems users encounter due to certificate
issues) to provide a known (almost always) working set of generation
tools, I'm contemplating a few improvements just now.

regards
K. Hoercher