URGENT! Dialupadmin "Could not connect to SQL database"

Guilherme Franco guilhermefranco at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 16:16:35 CEST 2006

Hello,

Yes, I configured it with the option "--with-oci8", and phpinfo() shows oci8
support as enabled.

This machine (dialupadmin server) is standalone (oracle in other server and
radius in other).

I'm trying to use sqlplus from the dialupadmin server but it gives me either
ORA-12546 TNS permission denied or ORA-12514 TNS listener does not currently
know of service requested in connect descriptor.

I've researched a lot about this problems but found nothing.

note: (I've read somewhere that oci does not work well with modules, just
with static php links)

Please help.

Thank you very much.