differentiating radius attribute

Garber, Neal Neal.Garber at energyeast.com
Fri Dec 1 19:35:01 CET 2006

> I'm using freeradius to authenticate and authorize users to cisco
switches/routers/FW.
> My issue is that i want to do aaa for 3 things on the same device:
device administrators login (telnet), for 802.1x EAP/MD5 (, and to
manage firewall FWSM
> ACLs (radius attribute in the response: filter-id=acl_name).

Does this help:
http://www.mail-archive.com/freeradius-users@lists.freeradius.org/msg312
30.html

If not then run freeradius in debug mode and look at the request
attributes for each type of authentication.  Then, you can configure it
to process each type of authentication based upon the differences in
attributes passed.