unable to compile with openssl libraries

Peter Param pparam at stvincents.com.au
Mon Dec 4 04:20:47 CET 2006

I've tried that but I get the following errors:

debian:~/freeradius-1.1.3# dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc
dpkg-buildpackage: source package is freeradius
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 1.1.3-0
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Nicolas Baradakis
<nicolas.baradakis at cegetel.net>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture i386
dpkg-buildpackage: source version without epoch 1.1.3-0
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: debhelper (>= 4.2.32)
dpatch (>= 2) autotools-dev libtool (>= 1.5) libltdl3-dev libpam0g-dev
libmysqlclient15-dev | libmysqlclient14-dev | libmysqlclient-dev
libgdbm-dev libldap2-dev libsasl2-dev libiodbc2-dev libkrb5-dev snmp
libsnmp9-dev | libsnmp5-dev | libsnmp4.2-dev libpq-dev | postgresql-dev
libssl-dev
dpkg-buildpackage: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting.
dpkg-buildpackage: (Use -d flag to override.)

cheers

Peter
Peter Param wrote:
> Debian licensing prohibits the installation of openssl as part of its
> packaging and hence why i downloaded the individual tarballs to work
> around this issue.

  See the Wiki.  There are instructions for building the server on
Debian.  You do NOT have to play with configure, command-line options,
or anything else like that.

-

the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been virus
scanned and although no viruses were detected by the system, St Vincents &
Mater Health Sydney accepts no liability for any consequential damage
resulting from email containing any computer viruses.