TTLS : where to indicate User/Password ?

Bruno Costacurta pubmb01 at skynet.be
Mon Dec 4 10:17:34 CET 2006

On Monday 04 December 2006 06:09, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I'm trying to configure FreeRadius using TTLS but got confused about the
> > User/Password definiton and/or location as it seems that (please see log
> > hereafter) user is found but not the password.
> > Currently I indicate it in table radcheck in MySQL.
>
>   Are you sure?  The debug output doesn't seem to say that.  Or, you've
> edited rather a lot of it.
>
> > Debug:   rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type Local
> > Debug: auth: type Local
> > Debug: auth: No User-Password or CHAP-Password attribute in the request
>
>   So... you forced Auth-Type to Local.  Why?

I did not force any Auth-Type to Local (as far as I know...if so where to
check this ?)

However, accepted the fact User-Password or CHAP-Password are valid with TTLS
so Auth-Type=Local is acceptable (correct me If I'm wrong)
where can I indicate these values so the request contain them ?

> > in file 'users'
> > acer9100     Auth-Type := EAP
>
>   Why?  The comments in eap.conf make it clear that this is wrong.

I tried few options for file 'users' without any change.
Same if there is no entry at all. So what are valid types here ?

Remark: indeed this EAP option is confusing in file 'users': implemented but
not to be used ?

Thanks for your attention.
-Bruno