rlm_sql, mysql configuration

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Tue Dec 5 08:07:50 CET 2006

Hi,

>  see there is a "nas" table that was not around before (at least on
>  our system), but as far as I can see we still need to use
>  clients.conf as nas has no field for allowed ip addresses of clients.
>  Am I missing something? I see no mention of the nas table in the
>  rlm_sql docs. Thanks in advance for all help.

the column nasname either holds a DNS name or an IP address, so you can move
away from clients.conf.
The table is only re-read on server restart (um, maybe also on HUP?). You need
to have at least one dummy entry in clients.conf (like localhost), otherwise
the server won't start.
You need to enable reading clients from this table in sql.conf (readclients =
yes), toward the end of the file.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

Stiftung RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingenieur Forschung & Entwicklung

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg