Challenge-response with mod_auth_radius

Arnaud Dostes arnaud.dostes at unicible.ch
Tue Dec 5 12:02:00 CET 2006

Hello,

We would like to use freeradius with a 'home made' challenge response
authentication scheme (we will build our own module) using
mod_auth_radius.

Ultimately we would like to prompt the user (after successfull
authentication) with a challenge that he would have to enter in a securID
like device and enter his response in the mod_auth_radius prompt.

I've been toying with freeradius and mod_auth_radius for a few days now,
and I still haven't succeeded in prompting the user with a challenge from
the RADIUS server.

Could anyone point me in the right direction ? Is it possible ? We're
using mod_auth_radius as a basic client, but we could use any type of NAS.

Best regards,
Arnaud