RSA SecurID + FreeRADIUS

Jeremy M. Guthrie jeremy.guthrie at berbee.com
Wed Dec 6 23:58:41 CET 2006

I have a system with Suse 10.0 and FreeRADIUS V1.0.4.  What I am trying to do
is this:
1.  ssh to Host-A running FreeRADIUS and PAM talks with pam_securid.so to
authenticate to SecurID.  This works like a champ.
2.  Telnet/ssh into network equipment, said equipment RADIUS authenticates to
the Host-A.  I'd like to get FreeRADIUS to push the request to resolve the
username/password combo via PAM towards pam_securid.so.  So far, no go.  Why
would there be a /etc/pam.d/radiusd if it does not use it?

Is the PAM reference in the radiusd.conf only used if Host-A was acting as a
client?
modules {
        pap {
                encryption_scheme = crypt
        pam {
                pam_auth = radiusd
        }
..

Jeremy M. Guthrie        jeremy.guthrie at berbee.com
Senior Network Engineer        Phone: 608-298-1061
Berbee - A CDW Company           Fax: 608-288-3007
5520 Research Park Drive         NOC: 608-298-1102
Madison, WI 53711