Choosing The best replication system.

Sarkis Gabriel sarky at raycon.net
Thu Dec 7 17:29:22 CET 2006

Hello all,

With the way work is and the pops are growing looks like i need to start centralising
the database.

At the moment i have 4 pops around the country and all are feeding from a satellite
links, as the company is growing it is becoming very hard to maintain and we are
looking to have a central MySQL DB in the UK which feeds the slave machines with the
updated info.

Each pop will have a live radius / mysql db feeding info back to a master machine in
the UK and that would replicate the info down to the slaves on the other pops, this is
the wishfull thinking i have :).

I have read about Replication with MySQL (One-Way) and radrelay, then i noticed there
is rlm_slq_log and radsqlrelay.

One thing I must mention there is a lot of LAG on satellite connection looking at
approx 650ms and because of BW cost we do rely on proxies which makes BW usage during
the day very expensive, so i would like to be able to replicate maybe once a night lets
say at midnight being less busy and cheaper.

Any one out there with some ideas they can send my way..

Thanks

Sarky