Global address pool

Paul Khavkine paul.khavkine at distributel.ca
Thu Dec 7 23:18:32 CET 2006

Hi folks.

I'm looking into ways to implement a "global address pool" for multiple NASes and multiple RADIUS servers.

I see that there's 2 possible ways of doing it with FreeRADIUS.

1) use rlm_ippool
2) use rlm_sqlippool

I'm leaning towards rlm_sqlippool since it can be used to "lease" an address to a subscriber for a period of time
so they get same ip address for the duration of the "lease".

Is there any other ways to implement NAS independent address pool and be able to "lease" same address to a subscriber ?

Is anyone using sqlippool in production ?

Thanx
Paul