Logging into MySQL doesnt work, how enable MAC address control on MySQL

Andrej Simko andrej666 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 14:27:01 CET 2006

Hello everybody

I have a problem in setting up my freeradius to log all querries into
database. The radacct is still empty. I read some messages from this mailing
group and I found that the NAS server is not sending anything about Start
time or Stop time. My naslist looks like:
# NAS Name Short Name Type
#---------------- ---------- ----
localhost local other

and in clients.conf I have nastype = other

So maybe I donnot know how to setup NAS on my server or maybe I donnot
understand what does the NAS means. I am sure that we do not have any cisco
or something like that so I want to authenticate only on the machine where
freeradius is running.

And second question. Does anybody know how to setup MAC address control from
MySQL database. My idea is that when user wants to login it will need his
username, password and MAC address to authenticate succesfully.

Thank you for any ideas!

AnDY