confusion in nas topic!!!!!

K. Hoercher wbhoer at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 11:30:45 CET 2006

Hi,

Please don't reply to a digest you recieved when trying to ask a new
question on the list. Further there is no need or place to fully quote
said digest.

On 12/10/06, rina maharjan <rinab01 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> hello,
>          i configure freeradiusd server and it is working fine. but i really
> confuse about nas table and its entry. In my radiusd server ,people can
> login multiple with same username and password.i couldn't made
> simultaneouse

Informations about nas stems from either clients.conf or sql database
or the deprecated naslist file (see its embedded comments) or some
combination of them I am not aware of at present.

> login =1 at a same time for  that similar username. i try so much to made
> this simutaneouse login =1 but i couldn't so i feel that it that a problem
> of naslist because i get this kind of messege in radiusd log file when i
> start the rasdiusd server. i attached this radiusd log file with this
> posting.

As the naslist is still provided for reasons stated in the mentioned
comments freeradius emits the message about it being deprecated. I'm
not sure, but leaning towards thinking it does not contribute
substantially to any problems related to checking/allowing
simultaneous use.

Nothing else can be said because you chose to provide a logfile
snippet which lacks not only the desired details (see FAQ, README,
etc., starting it with -X) but also any processing or even recieving
of an Access-Request. Please provide something to that effect
accompanied with informations about what did you configure/want to
achieve/expect.

regards
K. Hoercher