Assertion failed in listen.c, line 621

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Dec 11 21:42:46 CET 2006

Guilherme Franco wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I did a "set follow-fork-mode child" in gdb now but then, there's no
> assertion failed!

  And the server doesn't process any requests, either.

> ps. Regarding the previous post, the "Assertion failed" occurs only
> when the first packet is received.

    That's not what the debug log showed.  The log you posted showed
NOTHING being received, and the server dying.  I find that very hard to
believe.

  Please post a debug log showing that the server dies AFTER receiving a
packet, and AFTER deciding that the packet has to be proxied.

  You posted:

>> > Wed Dec  6 20:33:09 2006 : Info: Ready to process requests.
>> > Wed Dec  6 20:33:09 2006 : Error: Assertion failed in listen.c, line 621

  i.e. NOT packet received, AND it dies.  That's pretty much impossible.

  It looks to me like you're still running the old version of the
server, without the fix for that problem.