Assertion failed in listen.c, line 621

Guilherme Franco guilhermefranco at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 22:08:46 CET 2006

Mr. Alan.

Sorry for bothering you.

If I run "radiusd" and setup the NAS to not send any requests to this radius
server, radiusd stays up all day in "Info: Ready to process requests.".

In the momment that I setup the NAS to send request to the radius server and
the first request goes to it, radiusd dies.

Maybe sometimes radiusd is not even taking a chance to log that someone
tried to auth and just dies.

But of all the logs that I have, just ONE shows the following:

Wed Dec  7 09:15:04 2006 : Info: Ready to process requests.
Wed Dec  7 09:15:04 2006 : Auth: Invalid user: [bonam at foo.com] (from client
NAS-4 port 2952792216)
Wed Dec  7 09:15:04 2006 : Error: Assertion failed in listen.c, line 621

All the other are just like:

 Wed Dec  6 11:02:46 2006 : Info: Ready to process requests.
Wed Dec  6 11:02:46 2006 : Error: Assertion failed in listen.c, line 621

Besides that, I've installed the latest CVS above the old one, not a clean
install.

That might be the problem, what do you think?

Thank you.