Counter

Sean sean at swarmhotspots.com
Tue Dec 12 23:07:08 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 22:35 +0100,
freeradius-users-request at lists.freeradius.org wrote:
> Sean wrote:
> >  Hi Alan, Thanks for all the help last night. I've made a lot of
> > progress today. Max-Daily-Session is now being recognised as a valid
> > attribute and users with the attribute are being authenticated. The
> > problem I now have is that the users are being disconnected after
> their
> > allocated time has expired but they can log back in again straight
> away
> > instead of having to wait 24 hours.
>
>   Is the NAS sending accounting packets?  If not, the server has no
> way
> of knowing that the time was used up.
Yes it is. It's a Linksys 54G running DD-WRT and Chillispot. The
accounting works for Max-All-Session and Expiration. Also the user is
disconnected after the correct time has elapsed under Max-Daily-Session.
The problem is that he can log back on again straight away, instead of
having to wait twenty four hours.

>   Did you list "sql" in the "accounting" section?  If not, the
> accounting information won't be written to SQL.

Yes sql is listed in accounting and the accounting information is being
written into radacct.

I think the problem might be in my sql code in sql.conf. I'll puzzle
over it tonight although it works fine with the other attributes.

Regards,

Sean