help

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Dec 14 10:25:46 CET 2006

Hi,

> I have experenced the following issues after following your instructures
> on your webpage:
>
> 1.)	[root at chilli ~]# net join -U Administrator
> 	Administrator's password:
> 	[2006/12/12 12:39:38, 0] utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup(186)
>  	 ads_connect: Invalid credentials
> 	Joined domain MBUS.

umm, your using active directory etc, yes? so why did you not put
the 'ads' directive on the net join command?

which version of samba are you using? you should be 3.0.23
for successful user and machine ntlm_auth action.

> 3.)	Kerberos server has been installed but I could not start it.

you dont need a kerberos server on the non AD box - just a workstation/client
will do.  if all you are doing is kerberos username/password checks
then you only need to enable krb5 in freeradius. if you are using
ntlm_auth (eg PEAP) then you need samba but not kerberos

alan