rlm_sql: Password in Accounting Packet

Thibault Le Meur Thibault.LeMeur at supelec.fr
Fri Dec 15 13:34:58 CET 2006

>>>Is there a way to insert password in radacct table?
>>>Changing SQL query to insert %{User-Password} has no effect.

>>I don't think your NAS sends a User-Password attribute in the Accounting
>>Request. How do you want FR to know the User-Password attribute then ?

>I agree on that one; still no workaround?

I don't understand what you're trying to do.
* If you want to record the user-password, why don't you record it at
Authentication time (see the postauth section) ?
* If you want to do this at during the Accounting process, you'll have do
develop your own module to get the password that matches to the User-Login
from the Accounting request: you will have to query your internal backend to
get the user's password (if it is available in clear text, which is not
certain).

Can you be more specific as to why you are trying to do this... because
there might be workarounds for this.

Thibault