FreeRADIUS SQLite support

Fenn Bailey fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Wed Dec 20 01:12:35 CET 2006

Hi All,

This may be a silly question, but are there any plans/is it possible (or
even a good idea) to build in SQLite support to FreeRADIUS?

To me it seems like a nice lightweight in-between for SQL DB and local file
DB type auth - The convenience of integration of SQL with things like
PHP/Perl without the overhead of a MySQL daemon or whatever (ie: handy for
embedded devices/etc).

>From what I can gather, it is theoretically possible now via
FreeRADIUS<->ODBC<->SQLite, but it seems like a bit of a messy way to do it.

Thoughts/comments?

Cheers,

	Fenn.