Stale session problem

Cory Robson cory at cmi.net.au
Thu Dec 21 03:52:47 CET 2006

My upstream (comindico/Soul) do not allow me to query the nas's via any
method SNMP or finger.

What happens is I get a dropped packet occasionally which may be a
disconnect but of course I never receive it full, hence the user is still
shown as online on the SQL backend.

Has anyone written a script or event process to monitor the update packets
against the users apparently online and in the event that no update is
received in a 20 min period (my updates are every 15 mins from the NAS)
create a close session event?

Or if you have an alternative solution please let me know.

Thanks

Cory